Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Our Dandy is home and up on the drive!!

jenstar

Our Dandy is home and up on the drive!!

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

we have a DANDY!!!!! Well just put it up on our own for the first time and all went well. After putting up a large 6 berth FC its a doddle!!! ha ha! Was suprised how heavy the bed ends were though, I can see why people have gas struts put on them!
Have took some photos just waiting for my son to help me upload them. It is in such good order, Im so pleased, all the previous owners have really taken care of it. I have only found 1 thing a small cut in the roof inside about an inch ( I think someone must have poked the roof pole in it), so will repair that, other wise its great, a full Dandy awning to all in good order!

Last edited by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!!!!)
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Our Dandy is home and up on the drive!!

Post by mike on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

Pleased for you jen just like me you dont do waiting Very Happy the small slit in the roof most likely happened during erection,get it repaired as soon as possible as it may catch on some thing and get worse,they do happen.
Tenacious tape looks like it may be the answer.

mike

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

Jen you say the beds where heavy,did you do it on your own i know lots of people do but its not something i recommend because you tend to get a twist on them that i feel could lead to damage ie cracked corners on the bed frame.

mike
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

OK Mike, did it with my youngest sons help, yes, you are right I think it needs me one side and Bob the other! Shall get the hole taped ASP!!! Thanks for the info!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

congrats Jen,I'm really pleased it went well, I got gas struts fitted to my dandy as i do put it up on my own and was worried i'd twist the hinges

it does make it physically easier too and once i get the roof sprayed with silicone it'll be a doddle cheers

hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:47 pm

Jen. well done thats two off us doing a lot off cleaning and letting it air out.

neil
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:01 pm

Thanks everyone!!! Yes neil been too busy putting it up and admiring it today....lots of cleaning tomorrow, the roof could do with a spruce up a bit and I want to polish the roof inside as advised! Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

Don't forget to also polish the U bars that lift the roof that really helps and if you can get some silicone spray that will make your awning zips very easy to use. Smile
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

Thanks Helen, top tip!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

I hope you've got lots of elbow grease in, the roof is never ending. When we laid in bed in ours for the first time, the roof did look massive, bigger than our bedroom, lol.

Looking forward to the pics Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

We thought ours was pretty clean even on the outside but when we started on a small patch on the outer roof we found out what it really should look like. We didn't clean the outside of the roof while the dandy was erected but managed to do it when the dandy was down and the roof was folded on top of the bed, we just pulled it over section by section like a book and cleaned it like that. The walls we manage to clean while the dandy is erected. Very Happy
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

Yes helen...I thought that, it all looks ok as you can see but I have a feeling once I start it will show just how dirty it is! I plan to do the roof the same way, mind you the rain is cleaning it at the mo.....soon find out if its got any leaks!! Just joking!???
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

You need plenty of Cif and even more elbow grease Jen but just tackle a section at a time and it will come up lovely, do what I did and just supply the Coffee when it comes to cleaning the awning

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:07 pm