Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

A few days away

Helen
Dandy Owner

A few days away

Post by Helen on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm

It's been a sad and stressful year so far and we haven't been able to get away with the Dandy much at all. On Friday it is my friends funeral and after that I still have a lot of sorting out to do so on Sunday we are going to get away for a few days to take a break from it all. We will possibly be going to Wales but haven't had time to sort anything out yet but as soon as I know I will post and let you all know where we are going.
jenstar

Re: A few days away

Post by jenstar on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

Sounds just what you need Helen and wales is beautiful, you can start a new chapter once friday has passed.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

Yes you certainly deserve it, have a nice time and i hope the funeral is not too stressful

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

Going to Dinarth Hall because it's not too far to drive and is fairly peaceful during the week.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 8:05 pm

hope you have a really nice relaxing time and have a few drinks for us cheers
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 8:08 pm

I will try to relax Vicki and will most certainly be having a few drinks so it will be a pleasure to have one for you Twisted Evil
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 14 Aug 2011, 5:10 am

Relax,enjoy and recharge,lets hope the rest of it is less stressful

mike
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:14 am

have a great time relaxing and de-stressing Helen, I really hope the weather is as good as it is here today, glorious blue sky and sunshine

see you soon xxx
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 7:58 am

This is the first time ever that I haven't really packed. We are just taking minimal stuff but I won't forget to take a few drinks with us. It's been raining here this morning but looks like it will brighten up later. Smile
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

helen wrote:This is the first time ever that I haven't really packed. We are just taking minimal stuff but I won't forget to take a few drinks with us. It's been raining here this morning but looks like it will brighten up later. Smile

What, you've not packed? ...... Shocked Has John got your meds with him to keep you calm

or you could do what the NHS calls 'self medicating'
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:34 am

Well as you can see we are back Smile

Arrived and managed to set up before the heaven's opened but I like to hear the rain on the Dandy roof, just not for 24 hour stretches Shocked We took the sun canopy and utility tent this time and I admit that I missed the awning and I did think I wouldn't. I thought it would be easier to set up the sun canopy & utility than mess with the heavy awning but in all fairness the awning would have probably been up in less time. It was nice to be able to sit inside the Dandy and look out (at the rain) but it would have been nicer to have the extra space. We did get a lovely day of sunshine and had a bbq but as soon as the sun went down the temperatures dropped so much that it felt more like winter. Our Dandy is winterised and we did have the underfloor heater on full but still got some condensation on the metal bars of the batwings and obviously the windows.

I did take a small tv and inherited an ariel like the one Carl has just bought and have to say it is the dogs dangles. We just stuck it on the dandy roof and because its magnetised is stuck solid through the pvc to one of the roof bars, the reception we got was amazing, we had so many channels in a valley that is always difficult to find a reception in and the tv worked great of the 12v battery.

On the downside my favourite campsite seems to be getting busier and as a result also noisier plus some people show no respect for other campers and the loo's and showers were not as clean as they once were Evil or Very Mad They do have site rules now and did listen about my daughters in laws tent getting ripped off a kite as they no longer allow kite flying in the tent field Neutral

I think all in all we needed a break and although it was nice we didn't enjoy it so much due to the circumstances but it gave me a bit a breathing space. Sad I am going to get busy now sorting stuff out and when Trentfield comes around I can relax properly and I know I will laugh at Vicki and Eilis's antics, also can't wait to see Mike and Nancy again. I am looking forward to trying out the shelter and getting to meet everyone that's going and I am bringing the awning this time cheers
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

glad you managed to get away but what do you mean laugh at my antics, i managed not to fall over last time lol

did break a chair tho
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:42 am

Ah but we didn't have a shelter with guy ropes on last time Eilis lol!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

true lol so very true Smile

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:50 am

helen wrote:Ah but we didn't have a shelter with guy ropes on last time Eilis lol!

Or a banner,hot air balloon and those knickers you have had printed dandycamers Very Happy
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

dont forget the dancing bears the monkeys and the magic show
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

vickoir wrote:dont forget the dancing bears the monkeys and the magic show

Thats it give all our secrets away Very Happy
vickoir