Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Cazz's Dandy 5 in green.

Cazz

Cazz's Dandy 5 in green.

Post by Cazz on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 12:14 am

I thought I would add details of our Dandy to this thread to keep them altogether.

Ours is a Dandy 5 in green from the late 60's or early 70's, although people who have seen it say it is probably late 60's. It is in fantastic original condition complete with awning and original table made from a window cut out. We use it with a 1964 VW Type 3, so it's like an accessory for it really. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Cazz's Dandy 5 in green.

Post by mike on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 5:30 am

Its looks so good Cazz your realy in the same boat as me,any additions you make cant really be permanent alterations.

mike
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:56 am

that's just lovely Smile you lucky thing
Owd Lad

Green Campers

Post by Owd Lad on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Caz, yours is the first Dandy I've seen the inside of, in green. I really do like it! Not only do I like the colour, it looks in cracking nick as well. What a good buy!
Steve
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

Me too, didnt know they came in green lol! Shows how much I know!! Yes it looks fab, just the ticket behind your lovely car, well done on finding it!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, especially as it's the second time i've posted the same pics.

Our first trip in the car with it is two weeks on Saturday. cheers

Mike, you're right, permanent alteration and modernisation is ruination. Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:51 am

It is fantastic Cazz and the perfect match for you car, I love the pic with the rainbow Very Happy

I wouldn't alter your's either I just like playing house with mine but haven't done anything that will permanently change it as I still have all of the original upholstery underneath the new I have considered updating the units but gave up on that idea a long time ago and satisfy my compulsion to change things by just sticking to the soft furnishings. I do dislike my carpet though and may end up changing it for lino as the fluff that comes off the dog sticks to it and is a bugger to get off. Saying that though it would be far easier to shave the dog from time to time What a Face
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

We may have to considerer covering our original cushions, the dog hairs are right nightmare to get of the rough covers, rough texture not rough in rubbish, lol.

Shaving the dog, i've often suggested that, or getting him a body suit to wear to catch them all lol!

We have some 60's accessories for it, we just need 2 60's chairs now, that don't have retro tax on them!! Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

If I spot any I will give you a shout, they do some retro fabrics you could make some throws that you can take out and shake or hoover. Our daughter uses a metal loop type dog brush and found that this also gets her lab's hairs out of her Dandy carpet, just sounds terrible when she is brushing it.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

We find a Meguiars rubber toothed brush works very well on upholstery, or marigold gloves dipped in water. It just needs doing everyday. A retro throw to shake sounds easier. Very Happy
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

cazz i dont know if this is the type of thing you were thinking about but really goods prices both 20 pound from robert dyas and B&Q

or

Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Thanks for that Vicki, we'll take a look, we were thinking of originals, but I don't think I want to risk breaking then with my slim line body, lol!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

cazz wrote:Thanks for that Vicki, we'll take a look, we were thinking of originals, but I don't think I want to risk breaking then with my slim line body, lol!

well i know the reproductions but 100 pound each for a refurbed original seem very expensive considering i'm sure my grandparents had several of these and chucked them out sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:50 am