Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Help on using the forum

Cazz

Re: Help on using the forum

Post by Cazz on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

Just to say the yellow bits are yellow today, I reckon I must have already read the posts, though I didn't think I had. Shocked Embarassed

Thanks for the suggestions.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:00 pm

Just pleased your all sorted Cazz, thanks for saying though lol!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:05 pm

Yellow marks again. Yesterday and today I've had a lot of the yellow marks missing again.

I thought it strange how there was only a couple of new posts since yesterday, so I checked the dates and found there were several new posts without the yellow marks. Last time I thought it was my incompetence, this time, I'm sure it's not. Any other suggestions please?

Perhaps my netbook has had enough of Dandy's, lol. Shocked
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:55 am

cazz wrote:Yellow marks again. Yesterday and today I've had a lot of the yellow marks missing again.

I thought it strange how there was only a couple of new posts since yesterday, so I checked the dates and found there were several new posts without the yellow marks. Last time I thought it was my incompetence, this time, I'm sure it's not. Any other suggestions please?

Perhaps my netbook has had enough of Dandy's, lol. Shocked

A few of us had one or two strange happenings so we changed our passwords and that looked to sort the problem,the odd time know i get a problem i know its down to my dongle speed,whilst i do go into admin i normally leave that to Nick or Helen too many cooks sort of thing,as you know Helen is away at the moment but i am sure nick will have a look when he is on line.
Can i ask you to report in this thread each time you log on if they are there or not this may show a pattern.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:06 am

Cazz been in admin and checked your settings, everything is correct and as it should be as far as i can see but ime sure nick will check again for you.

mike
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:42 am

Right, i've just via this thread via an email link on my phone, therefore bypassing the pages with yellow marks.

Next time I will I get an email I will view it via the browser, i'll then report back about the marks.

I will also change my password to see if that helps. Also I only use a dongle or my phone. Thanks for the help. Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

cazz wrote:Right, i've just via this thread via an email link on my phone, therefore bypassing the pages with yellow marks.

Next time I will I get an email I will view it via the browser, i'll then report back about the marks.

I will also change my password to see if that helps. Also I only use a dongle or my phone. Thanks for the help. Very Happy

The same as me then i only have a dongle or phone connection,i did have some conflicts when i logged on with both,now i tend to only view as a guest on my phone and as a member via the laptop,logging on with the phone only when ime away and the dongle wont connect.

mike
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

I had an email about your post, so I come on via the browser on the phone, and there was a yellow tab marking it.

However your new thread in techical didn't. I'm sure that was tagged earlier, but I didn't have chance to read it.

I've not turned the netbook on yet, so at the moment that shouldn't be causing a conflict. Should I click 'log out' after each visit?
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

cazz wrote:I had an email about your post, so I come on via the browser on the phone, and there was a yellow tab marking it.

However your new thread in techical didn't. I'm sure that was tagged earlier, but I didn't have chance to read it.

I've not turned the netbook on yet, so at the moment that shouldn't be causing a conflict. Should I click 'log out' after each visit?

If ime understanding you correctly we may have the answer,if you logged on via phone or netbook,then left without looking at a new post then that post would not show up as new the next time you logged on,if ime in a bad reception area and my dongle drops connection before i have read all the yellow tagged threads on reconnecting they are no longer marked yellow.

Think its new posts since your last visit not unread posts,does this make sense because ive been told i dont always explain things well.

mike
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

mike wrote:If ime understanding you correctly we may have the answer,if you logged on via phone or netbook,then left without looking at a new post then that post would not show up as new the next time you logged on,if ime in a bad reception area and my dongle drops connection before i have read all the yellow tagged threads on reconnecting they are no longer marked yellow.

Think its new posts since your last visit not unread posts,does this make sense because ive been told i dont always explain things well.

mike

That makes perfect sense Mike. Top detective team, lol.

My dongle is for ever loosing connection on some nights, it drives me mad.

I was assuming the yellow tags stayed there until the post was read. Could it be changed so they did stay until read or marked as read? I would fine that easier. Very Happy

Thanks for your help. cheers
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

mike i think you've got it, i was on this morning and saw a couple of posts i didn't read, next time I was on they didn't show up as new because they weren't new since my last visit

hadn't realised that was the problem, sorry thought you weren't seeing any new posts at all

glad that is sorted now sunny
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

cazz wrote:
mike wrote:If ime understanding you correctly we may have the answer,if you logged on via phone or netbook,then left without looking at a new post then that post would not show up as new the next time you logged on,if ime in a bad reception area and my dongle drops connection before i have read all the yellow tagged threads on reconnecting they are no longer marked yellow.

mike

That makes perfect sense Mike. Top detective team, lol.

My dongle is for ever loosing connection on some nights, it drives me mad.

I was assuming the yellow tags stayed there until the post was read. Could it be changed so they did stay until read or marked as read? I would fine that easier. Very Happy

Thanks for your help. cheers

Will check with nick it would suit me that way but i have a feeling it cant Crying or Very sad
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 6:40 pm

Help

I have often opened the site on two different tabs to allow me to read or load a page so I could cut and paste.
Internet explorer has been slow so today I tried to respond to the "What the heck is a Regency" piece in Google Chrome.
However I couldn't get the image to size correctly. I opened in parallel in Internet Explorer and tried to copy across.
I couldn't do this and eventually re loaded the image.
Now I can't seem to see any graphics on the site other than avatars whether I use IE, Chrome or Firefox there also seems to be a long initial page load time while something is being sought from Servimg.
Anyone know what I've done?
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 6:48 pm

Sorry Kevin only answering so you dont think ime ignoring you,no idea i often use two tabs for the same reason but both in firefox.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Images have returned.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

What Day Is It?

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 4:14 am

Do any of you quickly scan the site to look for new posts before deciding whether to log in or not?

Have any of you ever noticed a post from the previous day showing as today? If you refresh the site again it then becomes yesterday.

Anyone else noticed this or can explain the phenomenon.

Can't Spell Can't Take A Correction

I can't spell so I do prize the function that is "the spielchick".  

I appear to be having issues with the operation of the Chrome spielchick when using this site. I haven't noticed this issue when writing emails yet.
The word is underlined as normal and when you right click the corrected spelling appears but when you select that the word isn't corrected. Type a little more the red line reappears but again if you right click and select the spelling isn't corrected. Part way through a post the function may start to work but if you start a new post the problem may or may not reappear.
Anyone else spotted this, anyone have an explanation.

Perhaps I should add I'm still running Vista! That and if you return to edit the post the problem can re appear. Further if the problem does reappear then the check does start to work again it will still not correct any word that had the problem if you then return to them. They have to be re typed.
Sorry about that last line it was a bit wordy and may not do a good job at describing what happened.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To mention what version of windows I was running/ Then comment on further observations.)
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 5:34 am

I run two browsers for different things,mainly i use firefox and like the spell checker on that but do have chrome handy if a page is picture heavy, as fire fox struggles with loads of pictures.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 10:13 am

I too use vista and chrome, I don't use the spellchecker for corrections as it's too much bother; I normally know what I've done wrong as soon as it's underlined and go back and correct "manually". I just tried it by missing an r from corrections and it seemed to work allright for me. Just tried again and it left it as it was, alright scratch

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:39 pm

My main bugbear with nearly all spell checkers is their insistence in using American spelling. Why can't they accept that it's realise and not realize and colour, not color?
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 1:12 pm

Sir Henry wrote:My main bugbear with nearly all spell checkers is their insistence in using American spelling. Why can't they accept that it's realise and not realize and colour, not color?

Four those ov us that carnt spill it deosnt mater Very Happy 

navver

Post by navver on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

Sir Henry wrote:My main bugbear with nearly all spell checkers is their insistence in using American spelling. Why can't they accept that it's realise and not realize and colour, not color?
On most programs such as Word you can select the dictionary. Most times there is an English (UK) dictionary.

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:13 pm

Although Windows 7 comes with a limited form of Word I lost the installation password and then lost the app when I had to wipe Windows and reload it after a complete system crash. For some reason all my backups wouldn't install so I was in no position to argue the point with an effectively dead machine. Since then I've installed Open Office which has a UK (real) English spell checker, but which only operates within itself, so I have to use the one installed as part of Firefox.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 12:07 am

I don't know how the spell-check works, is it browser dependent or is it a function of the forum? My last post on this topic was done on Chrome, this is on Firefox and I can't see any difference: but who cares about spelling, dandy campers seem to be better than the average net user for literacy anyway study

navver

Post by navver on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:42 pm

navver wrote:
On most programs such as Word you can select the dictionary. Most times there is an English (UK) dictionary.
Sorry Sir Henry, I thought you may have spotted my Very Happy spelling of proram

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm