Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hoop/U bar rollers ......... pros & cons

Helen
Dandy Owner

Hoop/U bar rollers ......... pros & cons

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:51 am

John (formerly known as Hooker) mentioned this a while ago and since then I have been considering it and I did think I may have found a way to do this with the help of my plumber son in law by using white pipe of a slightly larger diameter than the dandy bars, he has a tool that would split it along the length (you could easily do this yourself as its only thin plastic)and then we could have pushed this over the hoop bars. A quick easy and cheap solution .........................Sounded good until I sat and thought a bit more about it.

With 'rollers' on the Hoop/U bars would it be difficult to keep the bars in place when erecting the dandy as they would simply roll and fall down ........... solution would be an extra string like the ones Mike and Nancy use to stop the bar falling either way. The bars would stay in place then but would the roof sag in the middle as the bars rollers wouldn't allow any type of hold and the combination of weight and rollers on the bars would simply allow it to fall down into the middle of the Dandy as one end of the roof isn't fixed?

The answer may be a longer bungee perhaps on the roof end that isn't fixed to hold it in place while you set up or fold the Dandy but would it be worth it scratch We polish our roof and use silicone spray on the bars and it makes it slide easy enough.

Hmmn I am still not convinced it would make erecting the Dandy any easier
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Hoop/U bar rollers ......... pros & cons

Post by mike on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

Good idea we only use the extra string when folding away.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

We are going to add the extra strings, we have had the bars fall back onto the bedboards in the past when it's been windy and the roof has lifted slightly so the strings are a good and easy solution. As for rollers on the hoops, I may give it a try and see if it helps or hinders Suspect
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

helen wrote:We are going to add the extra strings, we have had the bars fall back onto the bedboards in the past when it's been windy and the roof has lifted slightly so the strings are a good and easy solution. As for rollers on the hoops, I may give it a try and see if it helps or hinders Suspect

Going to look into them because our bars are square section even if they dont roll they will give a better surface for the roof to slide on.

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

I did notice that your bars were square Mike and wondered why, I think something over them would make it easier and it's not a massive or costly job ........... worth a try Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:23 am