Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Petwood Park Woodhall Spa Lincs

vickoir
Dandy Expert

Petwood Park Woodhall Spa Lincs

Post by vickoir on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

we have just returned from a 3 night stay at petwood park woodhall spa lincs
this is a fairly new site situated within walking distance of the local village where there are plenty of local shops, a marvellous cake shop/deli well worth a visit, a budgens and coop,also a few cafes and take aways . the area itself is stunning and an inland spa steeped in history with the officers mess bar of the dambusters 200m from the site in the petwood hotel,(which does a very nice afternoon tea)
150m from site is jubilee park which has an outdoor heated swimming pool and on saturday water temp was 28 degrees, play park,cricket ground, bowling green and putting green
directly across rd is the woods which have some great woodland walks, a cinema in the woods which is over 100 yrs old and is the countries only rear projected cinema it shows golden oldies and new releases (they do family tickets 2 adults 2 children £21) also in woods is an italian resturaunt and tea shop.
the site itself is really immaculate and has brand new blocks housing all the facilities toilets showers (always hot and free free hairdryers despite being at maximum occupancy over weekend)
laundry room and washing up room
the reception also has small stock of supplies pop sweets icecreams etc and at the swimming pool is
a kiosk newagents
we had a very large totally level pitch (the whole site is bowling green flat but then it is in lincolnshire) with EHU and water also hardstanding all in all a great site excellent area and we will be going back
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Petwood Park Woodhall Spa Lincs

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

Just visited this site and have to say I honestly couldn't ask for more from a campsite. The lovely lady from reception showed us to our pitch and was always pottering about but was not intrusive at all. The site was pristine and also very peaceful. The area is lovely and we will be going back as soon as possible. Vicki's review is great but this site exceeded all expectations.

There are two of these blocks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The heated outdoor pool is literally just outside the entrance

Last edited by helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

That looks really lovely,

Especially the pool. How much per night was it? was it expensive?

lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

Not really Lorraine, if you tot up what Dinarth hall is costing for us its about the same. As you have a child it will be cheaper at some times of the year as its per pitch and not per person, they don't charge for dogs and it is cheaper still if you only want EHU but we had a hard standing that was fully serviced so we had our own water tap too. It cost us £39.00 for two nights but we didn't have to have the all singing and dancing pitch but for the extra £1.50 per night it was worth it and the showers a free and fantastic. The extra distance wasn't a problem as the last hour of the drive is beautiful, we drove on roads where we didn't see any other traffic through lovely countryside and fields full of red poppies. There were plenty of places to park up along the route and I found it all very relaxing and enjoyed the journey and that's a first for me, its also very flat. Very Happy
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

It looks like a really nice campsite, definitely one to try out methinks!
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

Yes you are right Helen,

The woman at Dinarth told me it is £20 for a couple with electric and £3.50 for a child so it is £23.50 per night, but seeing as it is the start of the summer holidays that is good, with fuel it would probably work out around about the same going to Woodhall.

The all singing all dancing pitches do sound good with your own water, and i've never heard of anywhere not charging for dogs, that would be brill if we had one to take... we will have to borrow yours.

I wonder if it will be a lot busier in the summer hols as most are, it's just something you have to put up with when you have children at school.

Oh the joys... Laughing

lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

This site isn't that big and it was busy at the weekend when we were there, its also next to another site but we didn't once hear any loud music and by eleven it was quiet. flower I thought I would miss not being close to the sea but the surrounding area is so lovely that I didn't and am planning to go for a week next time. We walked through the woods to where the Kinema and a little Italian eatery is and all we could hear was a band (sounded like a brass band) in the distance and the birds.

Bailey would go camping anywhere lol!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

this site is currently doing 4 nights for the price of 3 all through 2011 if you book by end of july and they sell discount tickets at reception for the swimming pool so its only £2 per swim and can stay there all day if you want as they do sun lounger hire for £1.50 and have lovely grassed areas where you can picnic and sunbathe
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

That's a good deal, pity we cant commit at the moment because I would be back like a flash.
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:21 pm

helen wrote:That's a good deal, pity we cant commit at the moment because I would be back like a flash.

the sausage rolls are calling you back 'helen helen buy us'
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

I would go back just for one night for those sausage rolls

Next time I am going to go to the bakery the morning we leave and stock up on them and a few of the cakes too.

If you noticed we stopped just outside the campsite for a while on the track that leads up...... we were actually trying to figure out how to park up near enough with the Dandy hitched up to go and get some more

Well I was........ John was just moaning at me for even considering it lol!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

you go girl them are the best sausage rolls i have ever tasted in my life infact to quote an advert 'if calsberg did sausage rolls' it would be those ones cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Oct 2018, 10:21 pm