Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

More aldi bargains

Cazz

Re: More aldi bargains

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 10:18 pm

We need a new coolbox too, possibly?  Shocked 
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 10:25 pm

Cazz wrote:We need a new coolbox too, possibly?  Shocked 

You paying for an EHU?  affraid  affraid  affraid  I thought we did this ages ago and a three way is way cheaper than paying for an EHU.
Is this for when just using the Type 3, I do understand that three ways are bulky beasts.

P.S. Do you realise what the VW picture used as my avatar is from?
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:08 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Cazz wrote:We need a new coolbox too, possibly?  Shocked 

You paying for an EHU?  affraid  affraid  affraid  I thought we did this ages ago and a three way is way cheaper than paying for an EHU.
Is this for when just using the Type 3, I do understand that three ways are bulky beasts.

P.S. Do you realise what the VW picture used as my avatar is from?

Only EHU in the winter  affraid  If we sell our brown discovery and only rely on the campervan, we'll need to downsize our equipment. A 12V coolbox can stay chilled whilst we're out and about - we plan to do more touring as I can't do long walking at the mo. We have a 60's coolbox for the classic set up, well it's really more just a box as it's rubbish at keeping things cool.  lol! 

And no, I don't know.  
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:17 pm

Still keeping the Green Un?
Are you that bothered about towing it a lot?

It's about the water proof qualities of a VW [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or are you not old enough to remember what it's going on about?
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:29 pm

Yep, the green un is definitely staying for use at classic car shows and steam rallies and things. The towing of the brown un isn't the issue, it's more about keeping things simple and maximising the use of the van when away with it, but we've not definitely decided yet, but the brown one hasn't been out for over a year now, so that says a lot in itself, but we'll see what this year brings.  santa 

joules29

Post by joules29 on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm

Has anyone bought the aldi cooler box?
Thinking of buying one xx
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:29 am

joules29 wrote:Has anyone bought the aldi cooler box?
Thinking of buying one xx

All the kit is good quality. I got a Lidl one years ago that I had a warranty problem with (Both Aldi and Lidl are 3 years remember unlike many other retailers) Aldi are more helpful with returns.

They are great for what they are but force you to use EHU sites. After purchasing a gas fridge I wouldn't go back but then again gas is bulky and it depends on your requirements.

The other limitation being that they only chill to 20 or 18 or 17 degrees bellow ambient which might not suit the south of France but would generally cover the warmest UK temp if left in the shade and also run overnight so you get the average of them over chilling overnight then under chilling through the day. The disadvantages are the same as any electric cooler other than absorption fridge. I think there may be some Waeco electric coolers that manage to chill more but you are looking at 2, 3 or more times the price.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 3:19 pm

The mini ovens are in at the moment both in Aldi and Llidl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:17 pm