Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Urban Camping Not!

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Urban Camping Not!

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

One of my mates fancied the idea of winter camping (alright he's got a caravan) but seems to have a bit of a downer on Peterborough.
Been the obliging sort rather than preferring a broken bottle for him to have relations with I looked at some other winter camping options.
Thought a quick glance at the MZ Riders club might offer some good ideas (never been to a bad MZ site) Their winter camp has always clashed with the local beer festival.You have to have a sense of priorities.
This year there is no conflict and its [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Described as being between Masham and Pately Bridge but not exactly as the crow flies.
They will accept trailer tents but not caravans. So it looks like were sharing the Dandy.
No hook ups but don't think there will be a problem with the Tilley lamps being too warm and no need for a fridge let alone bringing the gas one.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Re: Urban Camping Not!

Post by Eilis on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

hope you have a good camp here Smile
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

Look forward to seeing the dvd of your activity's lol!
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Just got back from How Stean Gorge.
More mud than at the Somme.
Ended up taking both Dandys.
Windy or what? Terrified during the early hours of Saturday morning that the awning would collapse.
Not altogether certain that the wind wouldn't blow the entire unit down the hill. Yes the brake had been applied but the wind was that strong.
Builders were working overnight on a new toilet block so at 4am I assumed the hammering was them. I then realised that the noise was a little closer. My two mates in the Green Un had not pegged out the awning in quite so robust a manner as I had done with the Designer. Apparently one of them heard a noise then it slowly dawned on him that he shouldn't be able to see the sky through the door window. They fought with the awning to drag it back over the frame. Went out and gave them a hand. If the awning had been canvas I reckon that it would have been rags by that point.
More of the same Saturday night was stood in the door at one point and could judge the rise and fall of the doorway as the wind blew and ebbed. It was several inches.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

We've camped in bad wind Kevin and it can be very unsettling, after several days of it we felt odd when we got home as we had been rocked constantly in the Dandy I think we had sea legs Laughing Just shows how robust Dandy's are though, I did think of you yesterday as it was awful here with strong winds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Jun 2018, 1:16 pm