Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Do you have a hobby ?

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Do you have a hobby ?

Post by mike on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:09 am

Kirkcudbright

Steve hat name has had me thinking since i first saw it on your profile,the only thing i can think is a bay with small boats pulled out and camping,a picture in a magazine i saw lots of years ago.

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:27 am

Helen, just read your original post on this thread. Did you really have all those rabbits to feed your kids up on them? No wonder you haven't many left and your lad is so big.

I did Steve but he sort of got too big and we couldnt keep up with demand so he found himself a Job with the RSPCA and moved out. I suspect he has now moved on to bigger things to feed his appetite. lol! For such a big lad he is a real softie and only a few days ago was seen lying on his belly trying to impersonate a duck to encourage some baby ducklings out of a drain ........... They went the other way as it was only an outlet to a pond Laughing

I never thought to mention things that I no longer do but when I was younger I had a horse that I used to show, he was a chestnut anglo-arab called Soveriegn and a palamino who was very good at cross country he was very pretty to look at. I must scan some old pictures and put them on here, I think this may be one of the reasons I am drawn to a paticular campsite as it reminds me so much of my youth.
Billy

Post by Billy on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

My hobby is restoring and showing vintage stationary engines.

This started about 30 years ago.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 5:02 am

Billy wrote:My hobby is restoring and showing vintage stationary engines.

This started about 30 years ago.

Are we talking petter and Lister because if we are be careful as these where in every day use when i started in plant hire and ime not that old lol!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 7:39 am

oh yes you are Mike affraid
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

Eilis we need some different Emoticons,cant seem to find the one i want for my answer Very Happy
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

i've got the perfect one for me lol!
Billy

Post by Billy on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

Hi Mike, Yes, Petter and Lister and many others.

Like yourself they were not old engines when I was a lad. Billy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:28 am

Gave this one up a few years ago,the only interesting place is the coast and the shoulders now wont fight the tide very well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

This used to be my main hobby but gave it up as too time consuming with the practice time needed

This is a sample target if you hit the centre circle the targets falls down,nothing gets killed in this sport

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

Think i have gained a new hobby just been looking at my dvd collection,with so many in asda and tesco in the £2-£5 range its cheap.

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

My old hobby

Post by Helen on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:13 pm

Spent most of my youth around horses, just a couple of my horses. The chestnut is Sovereign and the Palamino is Goldie

some silly sod shot at Sovereign with an air rifle, it scraped his hind and he took off full pelt we ended up under a low bridge with him falling on top of me.......... Start of my back troubles. Evil or Very Mad
Ali

Post by Ali on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Lovely horses Helen!

My hobbies are collecting faeries, making jewellery, crochet, knitting and sewing and to support the last 3, looking at and buying more material and yarn than I can actually use if I did it non-stop for the next 3 months Very Happy

Having a dandy has allowed me to indulge in lots of sewing and crochet (shawls for chilly evening!) haven't put any faeries in it yet, only faery lights Laughing
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:51 am

Helen I can't believe someone shot at your horse Evil or Very Mad can't believe the mentality of some people!

horses are beautiful and gentle animals, they are bloody lucky i didn't see them do it or i'd have kicked their arses right to the police station
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

They shot 3 that day, we were lucky it only grazed him. All were okay in the end though.

Police never did find the culprits.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:17 am

Ali wrote:Lovely horses Helen!

My hobbies are collecting faeries, making jewellery, crochet, knitting and sewing and to support the last 3, looking at and buying more material and yarn than I can actually use if I did it non-stop for the next 3 months Very Happy

Having a dandy has allowed me to indulge in lots of sewing and crochet (shawls for chilly evening!) haven't put any faeries in it yet, only faery lights Laughing

You could use your jewellery making on your Dandy too with lovely beaded tie-backs, I made some for my house.

Enjoy the sewing Ali Very Happy
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:25 am

helen wrote:They shot 3 that day, we were lucky it only grazed him. All were okay in the end though.

Police never did find the culprits.

gotta ask whether they actually looked Sad
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

Eilis wrote:Helen I can't believe someone shot at your horse Evil or Very Mad can't believe the mentality of some people!

horses are beautiful and gentle animals, they are bloody lucky i didn't see them do it or i'd have kicked their arses right to the police station

The air rifle situation is the fault of the government and air rifle users,most users would have no problem with registration and a licence its just they dont have the faith in the government to stop at that,the trouble is although you have to give your name and address when you buy one you could live in a high rise tower with no where legal to shoot and still buy one,even though ime a committed air rifle fan something needs sorting,any one of the legal age could buy a air pistol for £25 how stupid is that,if you are a serious shooter then that sort of price range is of no interest,my last competition rifle i bought 12 years ago it cost £800 and i paid £400 for a second hand scope as you can see shooters like me dont buy them to do stupid things with.

Sermon over

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

So your other hobby is shooting then Mike lol!
Caz1960

my hobbies

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

I love all aspects of hand crafts knitting, crochet, quilting ( now in the process of quilting for my dandy ) bobbin lace-making , macramé , I'm a devil for going to charity shops and buying old curtains , duvets, and changing them into quilts cheep material and the best place to go was Newmarket charities as the quality of good in them for cheep prices linens of cottons ohh need a return journey also for jumpers as they are generally pure wool once unpicked Granny blankets

muzzy

Post by muzzy on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Well i build/fix and repair computers i tinker and build bits and peices me and the misses breed tropical fish and are looking into setting up a marine tank. Have a small boy aged 10 months (thats and expecive hobby)
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:30 am

muzzy wrote:Well i build/fix and repair computers i tinker and build bits and peices me and the misses breed tropical fish and are looking into setting up a marine tank. Have a small boy aged 10 months (thats and expecive hobby)

Muzzy how do you in windows---- sorry you could have made a mistake telling us that lol!

muzzy

Post by muzzy on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:37 am

mike wrote:
muzzy wrote:Well i build/fix and repair computers i tinker and build bits and peices me and the misses breed tropical fish and are looking into setting up a marine tank. Have a small boy aged 10 months (thats and expecive hobby)

Muzzy how do you in windows---- sorry you could have made a mistake telling us that lol!

lol i am more hardware than software.

" Dear PC User Please check all cable connections make sure the power is turned on please check your monitor is turned on."

if that does not work then Please try updating your drivers and updating windows............ but its my printer thats not working! Do'H

lol i have heard them all before.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:44 am

Lol, your comment about your son being an expensive hobby made me laugh.

What fish do you breed? I've got tropical fish too, and newts.

muzzy

Post by muzzy on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

cazz wrote:

Lol, your comment about your son being an expensive hobby made me laugh.

What fish do you breed? I've got tropical fish too, and newts.

hey cazz only just started so guppies just now and we sell them to the local petshop but we also have some angels we hope will breed shrimp who have some babys just now some assassin snails who are presently doing the dirty. umm we have some red spotted killies who are getting frisky in the tank also. but have to wait a wee while and see which will pop first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 5:37 pm