Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Do you have a hobby ?

Cazz

Re: Do you have a hobby ?

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

muzzy wrote: hey cazz only just started so guppies just now and we sell them to the local petshop but we also have some angels we hope will breed shrimp who have some babys just now some assassin snails who are presently doing the dirty. umm we have some red spotted killies who are getting frisky in the tank also. but have to wait a wee while and see which will pop first.

Guppies and killies are really pretty, neither would last more than a few mins in my tanks, I've got all big fish. Last week I lost Billabong, my either 7 or 9 year old fantail, Sad So I'm now down to 4 tanks, which OH is very pleased about.

How many tanks have you got? How big are your Angels?

muzzy

Post by muzzy on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

cazz wrote:
muzzy wrote: hey cazz only just started so guppies just now and we sell them to the local petshop but we also have some angels we hope will breed shrimp who have some babys just now some assassin snails who are presently doing the dirty. umm we have some red spotted killies who are getting frisky in the tank also. but have to wait a wee while and see which will pop first.

Guppies and killies are really pretty, neither would last more than a few mins in my tanks, I've got all big fish. Last week I lost Billabong, my either 7 or 9 year old fantail, Sad So I'm now down to 4 tanks, which OH is very pleased about.

How many tanks have you got? How big are your Angels?

5 tanks 1 is empty just now got one big angel was a rescue from someone with a cracked tank and 2 young ones that we got a month ago so really we have all wee fishes
Caz1960

fish

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

Very Happy when my son was little he asked for fish with"little big tails and big little fins" so as a dutiful mother off to the pet shop and brought load of goldfish, tank etc. and was very proud as was he , friend came around and asked when did I get into koi carp and when was I building my pond ahhhhhh thought they were a bit expensive . so I sprang into action bounce dogs and I dug a garden pond then I was Hooked , I became a koi fanatic , Butterfly koi, Ghost, Until last year my neighbour caught me one morning and asked if I had a pond which I thought was a bit odd as surly he could hear the running water ,the fountain when I asked why? he had chased a heron away that morning got cleaned out not a fish left hundreds of pounds and loving time lost Sad even with a plastic heron in place ,so now its left dormant and fish now in tank in house now getting a bit big for tanks but might start again next year with anti heron machine guns etc.................
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Oh dear other caz, the plastic heron usually works as long as you move it everyday to somewhere natural looking. And bring it in during the mating season. :-)

I'm sure, next summer your house fish will enjoy their new home - assuming they aren't tropical, lol. Shocked
Caz1960

fish

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

the moving of the heron bit ok nope didn't do that ! scratch NOTE TO SELF move heron allot ,electric fence, zapper, train dogs guard duties ...............got it
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

Caz1960 wrote: the moving of the heron bit ok nope didn't do that ! scratch NOTE TO SELF move heron allot ,electric fence, zapper, train dogs guard duties ...............got it

It sounds like you are ready for it next time, I like your though process, same as mine, lol.

Did you know it's illegal to hurt or kill one. Shocked could you train the fish to hide, lol.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

Cool just had Idea you mentioned take plastic heron in at mating time k ...thought castration via plastic heron and my hand held hover let you imagination do the rest .. Wink now that wouldn't be breaking the law would it
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

Caz1960 wrote: Cool just had Idea you mentioned take plastic heron in at mating time k ...thought castration via plastic heron and my hand held hover let you imagination do the rest .. Wink now that wouldn't be breaking the law would it

Evil or Very Mad put a warning sign round his neck and you'll be fine. lol!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

will do "Rogering this heron can be harmful to your health "
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:09 pm

Caz1960 wrote: will do "Rogering this heron can be harmful to your health "

That should do it. Shocked

What fish do you have inside?
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:25 pm

Ghost koi white, yellow, I buy them when small and grow them on in my tanks so when big enough go to the pond but now these are a year on and the pumps and filters can't cope as they are big so going to build pond in the yard by the house and hope the dogs don't use it for a swimming pool , hope the wire mesh be strong enough to stop them , ha they keep leaping in the tanks thank god for lids Smile
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:32 pm

Caz1960 wrote:Ghost koi white, yellow, I buy them when small and grow them on in my tanks so when big enough go to the pond but now these are a year on and the pumps and filters can't cope as they are big so going to build pond in the yard by the house and hope the dogs don't use it for a swimming pool , hope the wire mesh be strong enough to stop them , ha they keep leaping in the tanks thank god for lids Smile

They will like that, the fish that is - not the dogs, although they might too. lol!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

yea two of them will one hates water not bad for water dogs shuts his eye in the rain sooo embarrassing I have 3 dogs--1 black retriever ,2 labs one black ,the other red fox all rejects bless them a black cat that loves bleach and the rain fish that loops the loops
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 6:59 am

sounds like a suitably mad dandy house lol

muzzy

Post by muzzy on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:06 am

my dog just sits on the sofa watching the fish and falls asleep he is useless but the biggest lap dog you ever met he is a black lad suppose to be a gun dog as well be he's afraid of his own shadow. oh and the wee man in his walker thats funny to watch Smile
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:36 am

sounds like you need to video him being scared of the man with his walker lol that sounds really funny Smile
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

thank God thought I had the only neurotic black lab any one chokes, sneezes, or coughs WHAM he leaps for my lap many times worn my dinner, the retriever is scared of guns my son has toy ones and once having a bad day my dog hit the deck and wouldn't move then I noticed a manikin outside a shop holding a real looking gun to cut long story short ended up doing a commando crawl on the pavement with dog to get him passed got standing ovation though . Its the red fox lab he is more the thug he waits for a brick wall to stop him rather than turn before Razz and the cat controls them all even me! Rolling Eyes
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

pale god if I had a brain I'd be dangerous ...It was a good idea at the time and having allot of encouragement from family and friends lost OK Ill start at the being and advert in our local paper caught my sisters eye and suggested that I contact them wanted crafts to sell... brilliant in need of funds for my little trip any way phoned and spoke to a lovely lady ..... the up shot of it is I'm now in a co-op there is ten of us we sell ours and other peoples crafts we being the co-op put up monies monthly and share the profits at the end so what's the problem you may ask ? this all starts in May that's OK but i don't have enough stock so I have to now get a move on and knock out as many crocheted blankets as I possibly can but on Mon is the first meeting so I will know what craft is out there that we will be selling and hopefully find a gap to fill with a quick craft be it painted tiles, plant pots or maybe dog coats oh I don't know I done it again jumped in with both feet and now i'm stuck
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:19 am

I love reading! But I also have far too many books Ben will tell you!

Ben & I enjoy walking and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] over Dartmoor when we get the chance, quite often we just take ourselves down for the day on the weekend.

I also enjoy the chance to get out on the bikes, but I'm not confident enough on the roads yet, so I stick to cycle paths.

I LOVE animals and would rescue every one if I could, but I have two rescue cats now and give them the love and attention they deserve
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:42 am

i love reading too and even with kindle have far too many books which i am hoping to reduce to give me more space lol

i would love to get cycling but i'm not confident on roads and we have very few cycle paths here Sad

my brother is sorting out a way to get the dandy into the back garden so hopefully soon my new hobby will be tinkering on the dandy every weekend Smile

wingnut1

Post by wingnut1 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

BEER !!!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

to recycle books make jewelry or paper-mache and use the last layer the pages of the books ..plant pots,trays loads of stuff..
cover boxes
jake001

Post by jake001 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

I've found a new hobby this year, in fact I was "at it" today it's rivetting,

Pop rivetting lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:05 am

We like our rivet gun too

What are you riveting Jake ?
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:22 am

Helen wrote:We like our rivet gun too

What are you riveting Jake ?

I love riveting sooooooo much we even bought a rivet gun at work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Jul 2018, 4:59 am