Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Tow Itch & The Green Un

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Tow Itch & The Green Un

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:06 am

Before she Disappears in the coming year thought I'd show some pictures of the Green Un.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did anyone notice the corners are not aluminium section but plastic, not seen another the same.

The last picture shows or doesn't show a number of features:
The wooden support for the bed into sofa was the earliest design.
The gas tap to the left runs inside the storage box to a point about 4" in front of the door ending in a tap inside the box. Anyone know why the pipe was fitted?
The upper part the kitchen unit is stacked directly on the base. I've heard it mused that the earliest Dandy kitchens didn't have a middle compartment. Mine does I must try for a photo this weekend. It's just a back piece with two hinged sides to form a shelf space. There is also a spindle that looks like it's the centre of a toilet roll holder that supports the front in the middle.

All the above are the original sales photos so are not actually my copyright. These will be happily removed if the owner feels their image rights are being abused.

The Green Un providing accommodation for three at last years Goodwood Festival Of Speed.
Note the curtained off loo the curtain running cross ways on a short length of pole.

And so to bed or not.
Coloured lights are not just for Christmas.

Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Tow Itch & The Green Un

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

It's a nice looking Dandy Kevin, I think we have to remember that people chose different optional and sometimes bespoke extra's when buying a new Dandy even all those years ago and passed through hands along it's journey it may have had been altered to suite the owner of the time.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

I never realised it was such a nice dandy,looks very smart
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Yes, what a smart Dandy, I love the green, thanks for sharing the photos!I do like the lights, my lads now want us to get some for ours. Very Happy
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

She is a nice Dandy. I think the shelf bit you mentioned that goes between the kitchen units is some ones own modification to make a bit more room. I guess it could have been ordered when made, but my gut feeling is the idea has been taken from the models that have the fold up cupboard. It's definitely a handy modification.

navver

Post by navver on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

Hi, I think that's a beautiful Dandy. No-one's answered your question about the gas pipe by the door. I wonder if it was for gas lighting.

My father had an old Palladin caravan made in 1955, with curved hardboard roof, leaded glass windows and two gas lights with mantles and tassled shades, one each end. There was a centre kitchen with gas cooker and a sink with no tap, presumably a water container on the worktop instead.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

navver wrote:Hi, I think that's a beautiful Dandy. No-one's answered your question about the gas pipe by the door. I wonder if it was for gas lighting.

My father had an old Palladin caravan made in 1955, with curved hardboard roof, leaded glass windows and two gas lights with mantles and tassled shades, one each end. There was a centre kitchen with gas cooker and a sink with no tap, presumably a water container on the worktop instead.

Hello navver

Think it was a bit low for gas lighting and come to that I'm not sure that the Dandy would be the most suitable thing for wall mounted gas lights.
I've just had a search for a gas fire that I connected to the other side of the tube. Alas though I know I have a photo of it on this site I cant find the photo.
If you have a fondness for gas lights that aren't attached to portable gas cylinders Bulfinch lanterns are still available. There a goodly bit more industrial than twee. Then again running of a large cylinder makes the gas more economic and the heat output of a gas lantern is probably all you need to heat a Dandy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:49 pm