Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Not many dandys for sale

mike
Dandy Owner

Not many dandys for sale

Post by mike on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

Dont want to sell mine,dont want to buy one but does any one else enjoy looking at the adverts,i hate it when the market is quiet.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Not many dandys for sale

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

Only because I like looking at Dandys Embarassed

The market is always slow this time of year and if I was going to sell a Dandy it would be while it's quiet or very early season, not many around means your likely to get the best price but lots of people tend to sell in the season as they think that is when people are looking and at the end of it when they have used it.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:10 pm

i also like looking at dandy's but then i'm nosey lol freely admit it but also like to reassure myself i paid a good price when i got mine

would consider getting a new one at some point but happy with the one i've got just now
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:46 pm

Always looking to see if I can find a cheaper one!
Quite put out I was looking for some info and found this guy who was given one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The people who I thought sounded "Quite Nice" in Bournemouth put their Discovery up from £750 to £850.
Don't think I've seen an advert go up in price after a few weeks before.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:48 pm

Probably just because people will now start thinking of camping coming up to spring.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:50 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Always looking to see if I can find a cheaper one!
Quite put out I was looking for some info and found this guy who was given one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The people who I thought sounded "Quite Nice" in Bournemouth put their Discovery up from £750 to £850.
Don't think I've seen an advert go up in price after a few weeks before.

Like the one on preloved think its £1150 but then it says or offers above Very Happy
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

Yeah, its strange isnt it, Im really happy with our Dandy but I love looking at whats for sale! If Im on Ebay I always look, love it, I think 'Ooooo how lovely someone is going to buy that and enjoy it'. I also love looking at other members Dandy's on here, come on everyone.....more photos please! Well, must just have a Dandy fetish, lol! Could be worse????? Very Happy
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:52 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Question Question
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm

I quite often have a look at what's for sale, probably only to confirm we got ours for a good price also. I shouldn't really, because if a better one one went for less money, I would be gutted and very annoyed. Rolling Eyes

But it is interesting to see the price fluctuations, when we first looked nearly 3 years, they seemed a lot more expensive, which is why we chose a Combi-Camp, they seemed a lot cheaper in comparision then. I wonder if they will sell for more this year, we've got one to sell. Very Happy
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:26 pm

Esermalda wrote: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Question Question

Don't despair Essie, one has got your name on it somewhere. Smile

If any come up over here we will give you a shout, or look at it for you if you want.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:35 am

jenstar wrote:Yeah, its strange isnt it, Im really happy with our Dandy but I love looking at whats for sale! If Im on Ebay I always look, love it, I think 'Ooooo how lovely someone is going to buy that and enjoy it'. I also love looking at other members Dandy's on here, come on everyone.....more photos please! Well, must just have a Dandy fetish, lol! Could be worse????? Very Happy

Pleased to hear that jen especially as you blamed me for getting one
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:34 am

Yes, its all your fault Mike!!!! I think we would have gone back to a FC if it hadnt been for your brilliant advice! I knew of Dandys, never seen one in the flesh,(when we went to buy ours was the first time I had seen one for real)just always thought they were a bit strange and didnt understand why people liked them. It wasnt till I chatted to you that I had a better understanding of all the good points. I liked the fact you could pack it away wet. When we owned our FC if it looked like a good chance of rain we didnt want to use it as it was so big when it was up on the drive and was a pain to dry, also there was a chance of tearing the canvas, then weather proofing etc! I think you need to have a look round a Dandy to appreciate what good quality they are and as only Riva sell them most people know little about them.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:42 am

I remember when we first saw a Dandy, an elderly couple had pulled up on the pitch next to us and put it up. We looked at it and thought it was kind of strange and odd looking but we got chatting to them and they also loved their Dandy and told us all about it. We took one look inside and decided there and then we were having one Laughing from what I know now it was an uninsulated early 90's dart, we didn't know there were any other models or about insulation and heaters but were just lucky when we got ours as it was only described as a Dandy so we put in a cheeky bid at the end of the auction and we expected to get there and find one the same as the first one we saw. cheers
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

Three on ebay a couple on gumtree and some on preloved looks like its starting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:44 pm