Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

velcro replacement

John

velcro replacement

Post by John on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Removing velcro strip and replacing with awning rail to finish off awning with mud wall or as they call it skirt, hope it works
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: velcro replacement

Post by Helen on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

We just used velcro John and made a skirt from a grey pvc groundsheet, the stick on velcro worked fine for once.

Let us know how you get on. Smile
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:59 am

John wrote:Removing velcro strip and replacing with awning rail to finish off awning with mud wall or as they call it skirt, hope it works

Mine never had the strip so i went for the awning rail.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:54 am

The awning strip does save any messing it's a nuisance if your velcro loses its adhesion. Neutral
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:28 am

If you are looking to buy Velcro the instructions for the self adhesive type say it is not suitable for sticking to PVC. What adhesive should we use? Do I remember people using Evo-stik for the bond to the aluminium sides? Am I going to end up using HH-66? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What width is the Velcro strip used? I can see 16mm 20mm and 40mm available. I must confess the thoughts of replacing with thicker Velcro appeals.

As it's not much more expensive than buying by the metre if doing more than 1 Dandy. I 25 metre roll of self adhesive hook and one 25 metre roll of sew on (glue on in this case) Loops.
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

i think its 20mm the standard velcro we have some rolls of white velcro you can have if i can find it,its not the self adhesive type so needs glueing or stitching in place.

Climaxedcooper

Post by Climaxedcooper on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:56 am

I've got some replacement sticky Velcro to replace the tired strips that are round the top of my Delta trailer, where the PVC walls fasten down near the door fold. What's the best thing to remove the remnants of the old brittle Velcro off the metal part of the trailer without ruining the white paint - white spirit?
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:29 am

I've tried all sorts to get sticky stuff off and found lighter fluid the best, as for the really hard stuff that has set solid over the years ..... I found it chipped right off using a knife, the one I used was plastic though from my granddaughters picnic set Laughing perhaps a plastic type ice scraper would do the job too
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

Surprised I did not do a follow on post. I gather the quality of self adhesive Velcro can be variable. Also the velcro bonded to the PVC doesn't come unstuck so you only need to apply new Velcro to the tub. EVO-STIK being highly recommended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:06 am